Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lift kit installation

The lift kit installation was fairly simple and straightforward.  The only areas that presented any sort of a challenge where: The pressed in bolts on the front axle that hold the front sway bar links in place were rusted, one of the bolts that hold the rear spring to the unibody was rusted to the sleeve and the bolt initially would not come out of the unibody (make sure to apply PB blaster liberally a few times, a couple of days before you start the installation.  When you lift your Cherokee, you can expect to need additional parts, and a front end alignment.  I needed to also purchase an adjustable track bar and a transfer case drop kit (until I can install a slip yoke eliminator).  I was lucky that I did not experience any death wobble.  I am very happy with this lift kit.  The only things that I would do differently are: buying a double shear adjustable track bar, and adjustable control arms, both of which would increase suspension flex.  The instruction sheet for this kit is located at: http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Images/Products/RE6025/RE6025.pdf.

No comments:

Post a Comment