Thursday, January 7, 2010

My favorite bar pin eliminator -- Full Traction

From what I have seen on several forums this is a problem area for the XJ Cherokee as far as the rear bar pin mounting bolts breaking off, mine was no exception. The previous owner had replaced the factory bolts but kept the bar pins. After a long search I found these bar pin eliminators, they are very well built and are the best designed in my opinion. You will not encounter the numerous problems of the other products, however you have to take into account that the shock mounting point has changed about 1 inch. When I ordered this kit, the website said that the mounting hardware was included, on my order it was not. I regret that I did not follow up, the bolts cost around $9. Since the bar pin bolts had previously been replaced on my XJ the installation of this kit was easy. I was able to use a flexible magnetic pick-up tool to feed the bolts through the body channels that are open on the 1998. I then wedged the largest Craftsman flat blade screwdriver into the channel to lock the bolts into place from behind while I tightened them from the outside.  If you have any questions please post them. I purchased this from http://www.screaminlizard.com/.


UPDATE: If you are coming here through the naxja thread 
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1063617

Here is a link to the "supposed" Full Traction - Bar Pin Eliminators from their website:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment